Jeep offered a 2.8L CRD Diesel engine for sale in the first generation of the Liberty, made from 2001 to 2007. The second generation [2008 to present] Jeep Liberty did not offer the 2.8L diesel motor. I am not sure why Jeep dropped the diesel engine, rest assured that dieselengines.co has Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD Diesel engines for sale, rebuilt, used and new, it’s your choice.
The 2.8 liter CRD diesel engine is actually made by VM Motori. A diesel engine manufacturing company in Cento Italy. An fertile auto area that is home to Lamborghini, Ferrari and Maserati.
The 2.8 L VM built engine is coded as the R428 DOHC [double overhead camshaft] engine, with 2,766 cc or 168.8 cubic inches of displacement. I was surprised to see how many automobiles used VM 2.8L CRD diesel engines. Here is a list I used from Wiki.
• 2001–2007 Chrysler Voyager (Automatic transmission) (power: 150 hp (110 kW); torque: 251 ft•lbf (360 Nm))
• 2001–2004 Jeep Cherokee/Liberty (power: 150 hp (110 kW); torque: 251 ft•lbf (360 Nm)). Only in Europe
• 2005–2007 Jeep Cherokee/Liberty (power: 163 hp (120 kW); torque: 295 ft•lbf (400 Nm))
• 2008–present (mod. RA 428 DOHC) Jeep Cherokee/Liberty (power: 177 hp (130 kW); torque: 302/339 ft•lbf (410/460 Nm))
• 2004–present BMC Megastar (power: 127 hp (95 kW); torque: 184 ft•lbf (250 Nm))
• 2007–present (mod. RA 428 DOHC) Dodge Nitro (power: 177 hp (130 kW); torque: 302/339 ft•lbf (410/460 Nm))
• 2007–present (mod. RA 428 DOHC) Jeep Wrangler (power: 177 hp (130 kW); torque: 302 ft•lbf (410 Nm))
• 2010–present (mod. RA 428 DOHC) Jeep Wrangler (power: 200 hp (149 kW); torque: Manual transmisson: 302 ft•lbf (410 Nm) Automatic transmission: 339 ft•lbf (460 Nm))
• 2008–present (mod. R 428 DOHC) Chrysler Grand Voyager (Automatic transmission) power: 163 hp (120 kW); torque: 295 ft•lbf (400 Nm))
Owners of vehicles with said engines are even more loyal than Jeeps owners with other engines. We all know that Jeep is an an icon in automotive names, and some fanatical Jeep owners tend to be more passionate than others. Excellent fuel mileage, plenty of torque [torque is a better measurement of power than horsepower for diesel engines], highly reliable, needing minimal maintenance are some of the good points our customers quote.
Diesel engines for cars have become more and more popular as manufacturers figure out how to make then a perfect fit for small cars and SUV’s. With the emissions and fuel mileage benefits, not to mention longer life-spans, diesel engines are a very viable source of power nowadays. Some people seek cars that offer diesel engines only.
That brings me to the fact that my next car or truck will be diesel powered. If you have already embraced diesel power in your car, then perhaps you are here because a replacement motor is needed. In that case you are in the right place.
Take a few minutes and speak to a diesel engine specialist. Allow us to council you on what sort of replacement diesel engine suits you the best. Choose from our premium grade rebuilt diesel engines or maybe a low mileage used engine fits you better. Call now and get your free quote.